Saturday 3 September 2011

Ahoy Sixty One!!!




I made this eggless cake in our microwave for Appa on Krishnashtami! It is my first one baked on our new Whirlpool in the convection mode! It didn't start off as a cake, or as anything at all for that matter. I was simply bored and feeling a little low so my sub-conscious mind decided to play 'house-house' while I mixed various ingredients, ruthlessly using the mixer-grinder while my father made an attempt at a peaceful nap. So as I picked ingredients I decided to make chocolate cream/ganache that I would layer with biscuits and ice-cream for dessert. Since I didn't want the mixing to end I added corn flour and decided to see what happens when that goes into the microwave-oven for 6 minutes at a temperature I don't remember. When it came out I was surprised to see it had hardened to a molten state...yummy crumbs! So I sprinkled sugar powder infused with  cocoa powder on top. The result- a beautiful cake-like substance that hardened the minute my mother tried to cut it. It could have ben a cake, it could have been a giant biscuit. But it stayed midway and that's where it stayed till it gained plenty of sympathy votes by all who gave it respect as an edible something. Well it was pretty good as a tea-cake! It was delicious...just not the right texture! However, the right present for Appa's Star-Birthday! Happy 61st from all of us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment